Monday, October 17, 2016

Hard Work

Well it has been a good week. Lot's of hard work. 
Early in the week we had a great lesson with one of our new investigators. He is new to religeon but he really wants to learn.
Basically that lesson was the best part of our week. We had 5 different appointments cancelled and 2 eating appointments cancelled. We had a number of rough knocking sessions where no one would give us the time of day. It was definitely hard. But it's okay. I'll talk about that in a minute. 
Among one of those hard sessions we knocked for about 2 hours after one of our appointments were cancelled. On the second to last door, after no success, we met Rasmus. He was super open to talk to us and really listened. He said he is looking forward to seeing us next week. 
Another plus for this week is that my Danish is really coming along. I can't understand everything, but I am able to hold a conversation well and get my point across. It is a huge blessing!
So this morning I was thinking over the week and wondering why it was so hard and unsuccessful. We have been working so hard for so long, why is nothing coming from it, then I read a talk by Elder Holland this morning called "Lessons from Liberty Jail" In the talk he says "Indeed, you can have sacred, revelatory, profoundly instructive experiences with the Lord in the mostmiserable experiences of your life—in the worst settings, while enduring the most painful injustices, when facing the most insurmountable odds and opposition you have ever faced." It changed my outlook on this week, filled with opposition. It has now become opportunity. I have definitely learned this week and I'm almost positive that this also means I need to turn a little more towards the Lord. In the hard times we are not alone and we have work to do, and the blessings that follow are unlimited.
I love you all and I hope you have a great week. I'm sorry I don't have any pictures, but I'm sure I will next week. Hope you are all ready for winter!
Elder Smith

Hi Far
I'm doing great, I am happy, I am working harder than ever before. I finally finished conference this week as well. It was full of great talks. I'm sorry things are hard with Cooper. I'm also sorry I was hard. I should have listened better because it would have been easier for the both of us. But I continue to learn from you just looking back on everything. I hope things get better. I'm glad you've done good with your running. I don't usually run but I have been doing really good with morning workouts. You're 180 pounds!? I weigh almost 25 pounds more than you. But I have also been doing a lot better with eating so it's going down. Haha I can't believe they called about the shotgun. That was sooo long ago. I think it was more than 4 years. Too bad it doesn't shoot too good. I miss shooting and hunting. Especially when I see geese flying over or a pheasant in a field. You always have lot's of fun things to do but also loads of work to get in the way of it. Mice are not fun. We don't have mice, but Denmark has a spider problem. They are everywhere. That's weird that it is spring break in fall. I hope you have fun with her. The Holidays are coming fast and my 6 month mark is next month! It's crazy. I love you lots. Thanks for being such a great dad. I miss you I love you.
Love Elder Smith

Hi Mommy,
I guess one of our great members saw on Facebook that you lost my email. Eva Stokholm called me today and told me to come send it. Luckily I still have it but you don't have to wait till next week to get it.

Hi Mother!!!

I guess if girls think they are my girlfriends then that means I have options when I get home. I think my shoes will hold up. If I have to get some new ones I'm sure I could find them here. It would cost a lot for you to send shoes.

My scriptures weren't in the case so I'm not sure how it happened, but it's okay! I sent out an email to the whole mission asking if anyone had seen it, then the Zone leaders from Aarhus called me and they had it. I'm guessing after our zone conference all the stuff got taken there and the stuff that wasn't taken got left with those zone leaders. But I will have it back soon. It is weird about the USB. I don't know how it worked. I wonder if you're just not aloud to send files or something. I dunno. But I got a USB this week so all is well. I also got some gloves because it is getting cold!

The pastries here are definitely good but they are just different. There is nothing like a good cinamon roll here or a donut. They are good, just not the same.

You should definitely look up "The Garden" It was all in Danish. Danish is going so much better. I can't understand everything. But I'm getting to where I can understand enough to understand. If that makes any sense.

Dropbox seems to be working pretty great. It's much more convenient than before. Yeah it was pho. We were in a little restaraunt at the station and they had vietnamese stuff. I decided to try it. It wasn't amazing or anything but it was pretty good and brought back memories.

I have to start practicing some Christmas music. I hope that will be a fun experience.

I miss hearing you play. One of the primary kids got baptized a while ago and a lady played the violin and it made me think of you.

WOW! That's crazy. They probably remembered how great camp was with you. Maybe you just really needed to get to know the ladies in the ward while you were in RS. Who is replacing you?

Thank you for the pictures. I like them. But I really want that pie now. Like really really bad. I'm glad you miss me. I love you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much. Thanks for making me awesome.
Love, Elder Smith 

No comments:

Post a Comment