Monday, October 10, 2016

Hvasa

Hej ya'll! It's been a great week and all is well!
This week Elder Lee and I found new investigators and had some great eperiences. 
One of them we knocked into on Tuesday. He has recently gotten out of prison and is concerned about forgiveness. He originally wanted to spend 24 hours with us and then we spend 24 hours with him so he can show us the real world. We told him we can't do that so he agreed to meet with us. We meet with him again today so hopefully all goes well.
A couple others we haven't met with again so we will so how things work out with them. 
The last one is one we met last night out knocking. He has terrible cancer and can't do much, but he has a lot of faith. He lives with his mother and she listened as well. We taught him a bit and left him with a book of mormon and some uplifting scriptures. Then we made an appointment to meet with him next Sunday.
Other than our wonderful new investigators this week we had one rough day where we were biking out to an area to knock, and Elder Lee's chain kept falling off. We went to the bike shop and long story short it couldn't be fixed then so we just rode out to knock. When we finally got there, people weren't so happy to see us. No one would talk to us. No one would hold their door open except one lady who told us to go back to the USA. So it was rough. But hey, you win some you lose some. Every other day was great.
On Saturday we were able to go to Copenhagen and see a musical put on by our stake. It was called Havet or The Garden. It talked about how we all have our infirmities and trials and how the atonement covers them. A part of the musical that really touched me was when Jesus was praying to the Father, suffering for all of us. While that was happening the Devil was right next to him, telling him he couldn't do it that he wasn't able to perform the atonement and save us. Telling him to give up. I felt feelings of anger and humility as this musical exemplified what Christ actually did for us. It was not easy. Not even close. Salvation isn't casual. He suffered and died for us and didn't have a lot of support and just like us, the adversary wasn't happy with him. Remember what Christ has done for us, and remember that it won't be easy for us either. But. Also remember that he has suffered for you and is there for you always.
I love you all and I hope you have a super great week full of great experiences. Thank you for everything you do.
Love Elder Smith 







To Dad: 
My week was really good. We don't have very many solid things right now but a lot of new investigators. I wrote about them in my big email. The language is getting much better. I understand more everyday. The Danish every day has been super super hard but it has definitely helped me say things more clearly and correctly.
Leaves definitely aren't too fun. Last year was kind of fun with the trailer and the super huge leaf pile. I liked that part of it. I am definitely not ready for winter. It is getting cold really fast and I feel like I didn't get much of a fall. I love fall.
How has the new stake presidency been? Do you like them? That sounds like a good meeting you were in. I usually focus on one Christlike attribute each week. I study it one or two mornings throughout the week and I really try to apply it and become better with it. It has been going really good. That video sounds really good. What was it called?
I love you lots Dad. Thank you for your advice and love and support with everything. I am really thankful to have you helping me through everything.
Have a great week. I love you.
Love Elder Smith

Dearest mor,

I am doing good this week. Elder Lee and I have been successful and busy.
Here is the story of the stuff you sent me. I finally got your first letter and my debit card. I loved your first letter and the little quotes and things you sent with it. You asked some questions in it and I'll answer them because it will be a good update for you. You asked If I would get to go to the temple often. Sadly I haven't been since 30 day training but I hope to go on a Pday sometime before I get transfered somewhere far from the temple. Then you asked about girls I have been writing to. I usually email Kelsey and Jayda and Celia. I get emails from Lindsey Hunt sometimes. Then just random ones here and there. None of them think they are my girlfriend and none of them are haha. Those were your next two questions. You asked how I study every day. Usually I read from the Book of Mormon. Then I read a talk of some sort, then something from PMG or something else I want to study. Then you asked me about stuff I have and how they are. My Holy Tabbs are still great. I really like that system. My new scriptures are great and I love them. I have a sad story that goes along with them but I'll tell you at the end. My camera is awesome. It takes good pictures I just need to take more of them. My shoes are doing good. They are definitely getting used though :). My luggage is just about the same as when I left. So now to the sad stories. The first one is that I left my scripture case with my little hymnbook at Presidents house after 30 day training. Then they brought it to Zone conference a few weeks after and I forgot to get it. Sister O'Bryant said it was probably at the office at that point so I called the office and they hadn't seen it. So then the other day we were at the church where we had zone conference and I couldn't find it anywhere. So now it's missing and I'm not sure where to look for it next. The other sad story is I got your letter with they USB, but the USB wasn't there. The bottom of the letter was open and it was gone. So I'm not sure if you can't send USBs or what but I didn't get it. On the bright side, I got the letter part and I really needed it that day. So that is the story of the letters. I will just buy a USB. I probably should have done that in the first place. I sent you all a letter on Wednesday so let me know when it get's there.

Brandon emailed me about his call. That is so cool. I think he would be perfect in the Phillipines. I sent him an email back.

I sadly suck at reading so I didn't even get close to finishing 3 Nephi. Grrr. I am planning on reading the New Testament when I finish. So maybe I will be started next year on it...

I still have a full stick of American deoderant so I'm good for now.

I love fall weather. Sadly it seems like the weather here has changed from warm fall to cold fall in like two days. I wore my coat to the library today because it was rainy and cold.

I loved conference too. The talks were all amazing. So many things I can apply to missionary work. I loved it. I also really liked Rasband talking about Denmark. I actually saw that picture in a members home and wondered what it was and then saw that talk the next day so that was cool. Also with Renlunds talk. The Danish word for repentance is omvend. It means the same thing. I like that meaning of it too.
I don't have a favorite either. They were all good though. I haven't read that one from Uchtdorf but I will look it up and read it or listen to it.

Jeg elsker dig til solen og tilbage ti gang!

Love, Ældste Smith

I got the Pictures! I like them a lot! But I don't like you for sending me a picture of cinamon rolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment