Monday, October 31, 2016

Read This One :)

So I have news for this email. I have to have an exciting one every once in a while. I had a great week and we had some great experiences. We had zone conference with a general authority on Wednesday and we got transfer calls on Thursday night. 
I'm emailing from Aalborg this week because that's my new area. I left Elder Lee and Holbæk at 7 this morning and had a 5 hour train ride to Aalborg and my new companion Elder Olson. Aalborg is the 4th biggest city in Denmark so it will be a little different from little Holbæk.
This week has been great and I have had a lot of fun. On Monday we carved pumpkins at the church in Roskilde and it was fun, but I'm not very good at carving pumpkins. After we were done we left the building to find our car with a flat tire. I put the spare on like a pro and we took it in the next morning. It had a screw in it longer than my finger! I don't know how that happened but it was pretty annoying.
On Wednesday we had an amazing zone conference with Elder Paul V. Johnson. We talked and learned about teaching and how to improve our teaching. It was so helpful and I had a lot of questions answered.
On Thursday we had splits in Nykøbing and it was fun. I don't have any great stories from it but it was good to spend time with and learn from the Elders down there before I was transferred.
The weekend was great and we put in some really good work. We had a great lesson with one of our investigators and we even got a member to come with.
Well that was my week and I luckily finished packing in time to get on the train this morning. I don't have anything super special to share but on Sunday I got the chance to share my testimony in church before I left. While I was talking I just looked out over all the members and was overwhelmed with gratitude because of everything they have done for me. They were patient with my Danish and loved me right into the ward. It's great to see the members examples of true Christlike love. Charity is definitely an attribute we can all work on for eternity. 
I love you all and I hope you aren't too cold yet. Thank you for everything.
I sadly don't have a way to send pictures right now so I'm really sorry about that. Next week :) (note from mom: he sent photos for this week the next week, so I attached them here)
Love Elder Smith







To Mom:

They don't celebrate Halloween as much as in the US but I've heard that it's getting bigger. That does sound like a sad Halloween. As long as you have candy that's all halloween is good for. Just remember that if we were still little kids you wouldn't even want to think about Halloween.

I got transferred to Aalborg. It's going to be an adventure. I got one of the parts of it. I got the two DVDs. I got the package slip for the second part but I couldn't pick it up until today at 1 so yeah. I just asked Elder Lee to pick it up and give it to the office and eventually I would have it. Should I just tell them to keep it there? I didn't exactly need every one of the books in English and Danish haha. But I can do that either way. I can't believe I'm almost 19. That's crazy. I'm old. Guess what. On the 18th of November I will have been on a mission for 6 months. Time is just flying away like crazy.

I wish I could hear Brandons farewell. I'm sure he did good. I'm excited to hear about his mission.
The Naturskole was pretty neat. I might get some cool city pictures here in Aalborg. I would love to come back and give you a tour. Start planning for that.

My toe is doing better. It wasn't ingrown just some sort of infection that hurt like crazy. It's a bit better so I hope it fully clears up. I wish dad wouldn't have given me that problem. Toes suck.

My hands didn't hurt but I can't count how many times the potatoes slipped out of my hands. Don't worry you're pretty tough for how small you are. I wouldn't try and fight you.

I didn't get the scripture case back yet. They forgot to bring it to conference, but they are in my zone now so I will see them at some point soon.
I usually bring it with me. I think that would work. I got a lot of music from Elder Lee but if you have any good stuff I would like it. I like music.

The other fourth floor last door story was on a BYU talk I think but yeah it was good to hear it twice. And they both applied in a different way.

That is pretty sad about Lilly but I think that would be good. I really hope she behaves for them because they sound nice. She will probably be extra happy.

I love you too!!! Fortsæt at spise sundt mad. :) smil oft. Elsk alle. Jeg elsker dig.
Love Elder Smith


Dad,
I'm super excited for the next while in the new area. So far it's just a big city. My companion seems great so far and I think he is from Salt lake. It's a biking area and he said they biked 1000 miles last transfer. My week has been good and the language has really been coming along. We will see how different the dialect is here.
Work is no fun. I hope things pick up and work out. I don't even know what I want to do with my life one day. Good thing I know what I have to do now! It's starting to get dark early here too. Especially because of the time change. That sounds like a good service project with the Clabaughs. You've also been doing good at running. I've been working out but I don't lose any weight.
I hope you get to go pheasant hunting if Cooper can't go to the meet. I miss doing that.
Christina was the investigator we were working with most and we had a great lesson with her on Saturday so I hope all goes well with her. We aren't working super closely with any less actives but we had one with to our lesson on Saturday and he will be there next week too. So that's great.
Thanks for everything. I'm sorry my emails kind of suck. I can't wait to skype you in a couple months. I love you.
Love Elder Smith




No comments:

Post a Comment