Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Cold

Well I apologize for not emailing yesterday but we were busy. It has been a great week and we have done a lot. 
Last Monday we decided to reward ourselves and go out to eat. The restaurant is called Flammen and unfortunately I don't have any pictures. It is an all you can eat meat buffet with all kinds of meats. It was pretty awesome in my opinion.
We've had some pretty crazy weather this week with some of the craziest wind and the coldest day of my mission so far. I feel like I have been living in the ice age while surviving hurricanes and tornados. It's pretty fun. Especially on a bike. 
We have done a lot of finding this week and have actually found a good handful of new people to meet with. I am excited for the next while trying to work with them and teach them. We even met a man from Eritrea who speaks English. They usually can't speak English or Danish but are super nice and always want us to come in. We couldn't teach him right when we found him because he was busy celebrating a holiday for Jesus. So I hope that will go good.
Yesterday I had my language test in Copenhagen and that is why I didn't get to email yesterday. I think the test went well and I most likely passed. I have a cool story to share about it too.
We got up early yesterday morning to catch our train. When we got to the station our train had been cancelled. It was okay because the next train would still get us to Copenhagen on time. That train ended up having a 20 minute delay. When we finally got going the train was having problems and was super slow. It was really bad because if you miss your language test you can't reschedule it and you are in big trouble. It didn't look like we were going to make it on time. After 2 hours we got to Århus. Over the speakers they announced that the train we were on was being cancelled and they were switching us all to another train. The new train was a much faster train and ended up getting us to Copenhagen perfectly on time. It was awesome! It doesn't seem like anything super big or special but it was a little testimony builder for me that the Lord watches out for us and doesn't want us to have to many trials. I know that it doesn't always work out like that or in the way we want it to, but he does know what we need and he will provide.
I love you all and hope you have a great week. Keep working hard to adjust to the new year and keep working on those new years resolutions. Ha' det godt!
Elder Smith

Sorry... No pictures this week...

Hi Mom!
That is really cool with Gordon B Hinckley. He has a lot of good mission stories and stuff. Prophets are good examples.
That's pretty impressive that they have records for all that stuff.
I have been trying not to eat before bed because I'm sure that is true but it is pretty hard not to snack because it is like relax time. But I have been trying not to eat then. Haha I like the part where you say "Just food for thought" Hahaha
Hard fasts aren't fun but they do make you really focus on it. I hope your headache is gone now.
That documentary sounds good. I don't see a lot of stuff like that in my mission but I do see and hear a lot about the refugees and it is an eye opener. I am so grateful for what I have and all the blessings I see every day. One of the biggest things I notice is that those people who have gone through and do go through so much are also the most humble and soft hearted people.
They weather has been... different every day. We have a lot of new people to meet with this week so hopefully all that goes well. We need new investigators. We have eaten most of our christmas candy. I still have a couple of those big marabou chocolate bars left. What did you guys think of all the candy? You didn't tell me. I'm sorry I didn't have pictures this week. I put the best thing of the week in my big emai l. :)
A normal day starts with studies until 10:30, then we go and visit a less active or some possible investigators, after that we have lunch. After lunch we usually stop by some potential investigators and try and set up appointments. After that we usually have a few hours a day to knock on doors and try and find people to teach. Every once in a while we have a lesson and those are the best days. We usually have dinner as the last part of the day because we live a ways away from our area. That is also why it is hard not to eat in the evening. Every day is different but that is a pretty normal day. 
I love you lots! Thanks for being the best mom ever!
Love, Elder Smith

To Dad:

Those sound like good classes. Work hard and learn a lot. I finally finished the Book of Mormon on Sunday. I am a super slow reader and it took me forever but I finally finished it. Maybe you will learn some good social skills from your class that will help you with other stuff.
How is work going?
The weather has been not so good here too. It's not as cold but lot's of wind and rain. It snowed but that got washed away by the rain.
You ran 10.33 miles?! That's a lot. I don't know if I could run that far. I have to admit we haven't been the best at running this week. We only ran about 3 times. It looked to not good outside so we didn't want to. I liked where yoo said you pulled a Forest Gump. That made me laugh haha. I think you should run a half marathon. It's a lot more fun when you have other people to try and beat.
I did hear about Austin's call. He sent an email. It is pretty cool that there are a few of us over here in Europe. That doesn't seem that common. Wait where is Austin Valentine? I never heard about his mission call.
Transfers are in 2 weeks. I will probably be getting a new companion. I really want to train, but we will see what happens. We don't have any super solid investigators right now. We have been doing a lot of finding which has been going good. We have a lot of lessons this week so hopefully some good things will come out of them. I have at least been doing some exercise every day and eating a lot better. I ate some filipino deserts the other day. I don't know what they were called but I explained them to Aubrey so maybe she can tell you. My favorite spiritual experience from the past few days was my story from my big email. It's nothing huge, but it was super important that I made it to my test or there would have been some big problems.
I can't think of anything I need. I could use some deodorant but I can just use the Danish stuff. I don't want you to send anything. I will look forward to handwritten letters. I will be sending some in the mail today as well. Thanks for being a good example to me. I love you lots. Have a good week!
Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment