Monday, January 30, 2017

Knocking, knocking, and more knocking!

Yup, we've had a busy week. I've been having a great time with my new companion Elder Halling. He is funny and easy to get along with. We are going to have a great transfer. Well this week hasn't been overly exciting.
We didn't have a lot of teaching appointments set up for the week so we have been spending a whole lot of time knocking on doors. It gets pretty tiring but we found a ton of new people and got a lot of new numbers. We are in need of new people to teach so we are crossing our fingers that it works out with all of these people.
I don't have much else but I am looking forward to this week because there will be some new changes made to the mission schedule and some other things. We also will see a missionary broadcast that happened this last week. It should be good.
Well I thought I would just share a little thought I had about being diligent. I did a lot of thinking this past week when we were out knocking in the cold and dark and no one really wanted to talk to us. After already knocking for a couple hours you get to a point where you aren't really feeling it any more. We all feel like that every once in a while. I did notice though. After each night it got a little easier and I enjoyed it a little more. I really started realizing why I was doing what I was doing and it made it a lot better. Try to see the good in what you are doing and stay diligent. Sorry I didn't have anything much better to share. 
I love you all and hope you have a great week. 
Love, Ældste Smith 


Hi Mom!
HHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTTTTHHHHHHHHHHHHHHDDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAYYY!!!!!!!!!
I think you are pretty awesome as well.
I knew you would have a few more things to say.
Haha I thought I was fluent when I learned those things too. Then you try to say rød grød med fløde.
There are a lot of Elders leaving over the next few transfers so my fingers are crossed that I will be able to train soon. That's my dream.
Violin sounds fun. I'm glad it's mostly good haha. Wow! How did you get 88 people? Do you know all of them? I think I've been healthier, but I'm not sure. You do a lot of stuff. I think your schedule might be more full than mine some days.
Haha what did you do for the swim class? Was it fun? I miss swimming. Especially when we email because the library is connected with a swimming pool that I have to see every time.
Elder Halling is from Grand Rapids Michigan. He is really funny and easy to get along with. He has been in Denmark for a year and a half. Yes, I am in the same appartment. 
That sounds like an okay nursery experience. It's okay that you didn't play with us that much. Kids can play by themselves or with each other just fine, but they can't read to themselves.
That is fun that Adam is playing in UBOC. That probably means you'll get to see him more because he will be there for rehearsals.
I looooooooooooooovvveee you too :)
I remembered your birthday don't worry. I hope you can find a good violin bow (just because you need a better one.)
Have a good week!
Elder Smith



To Dad:
Things are going great with my new companion. We get along great. Always working harder. It is different. He has been out for about a year and a half. I have learned lots from him already. He is a great missionary.
Wow. That does not sound fun with your plane being delayed. I hate it when things are delayed. Do you have to pay for the car rental? That is dumb that they went all the way to Denver out of all the other options. That would be a really long few days.
I'm glad you are enjoying your classes. It sounds like good stuff. It probably keeps you busy when you aren't working.
Holy cow! That is a ton of snow. I wish we had snow here. It has snowed a couple times but the snow doesn't last at all. It just makes me cold on my bike. Yesterday when we rode to the church the whole parking lot was covered in ice and I ate it on my bike. Then we covered it in salt since we were the first ones there. I know how you feel when you say you are ready for spring, but that also probably means more rain. I've been extremely lucky this winter because it has actually been pretty mild.
I haven't seen the broadcast yet. We will this Friday at zone training. I am pretty excited to hear about the new changes. They are pretty big from what I have heard about it. I didn't know president O'Bryant talks in it though. That's cool. And I also think that is cool with the temples. I miss the temple sometimes. It seems like the only place in the world with 100% peace. I hope I get to go sometime soon.
I love you and miss you. I am doing my best to be the best missionary possible. Sometimes things get hard, but just because they are hard is more evidence of how impossible it would be without the Lord. I hope you have a great week!
Love, Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment