Monday, January 23, 2017

New Transfer!

Well I hope everyone has had a great week. I have had a lot of fun this week. We got transfer calls on Saturday and Elder Olson is off to Fredericia to be a Zone Leader. Elder Fairbanks got a new companion and my new companion is Elder Halling. I have heard great things about him so I am really excited for this next transfer.
We had splits in Århus earlier this week and that was really fun. I was with Elder Dibble and we went all the way out to this tiny town to do some work. We got held back a bit and we missed our bus home. We went to the stop and the next bus didn't come for over an hour. We started walking to see if there was a closer stop because we didn't have anything else to do. While we were walking we watched our bus drive in front of us and stop at the next stop. It was over 8 minutes late. We sprinted after it but it drove away. We finally found the little train station that could get us home a lot earlier so we made it on time, but that definitely wasn't a very fun time.
Nothing else super exciting happened this week. We had a few lessons and knocked on some doors. Things aren't super crazy but everything is good. 
On Sunday all the missionaries in our ward gave talks. I talked about testimony. The members seemed to be really happy with our talks and they told us how much they loved them. It was hard giving it in Danish, but it went so much better than the first talk I gave in Denmark when I first came.
I thought I would share something from my talk on Sunday. When I was preparing I read the True to the Faith section on Testimony and I recommend reading it. My favorite thing it talked about was that the best way to strengthen our own testimony is to share it with others. I have gained a personal testimony of that on my mission. Before I didn't really seek people out to tell them what I know and believe, but now I have the opportunity to share it every day more than once. I have seen a big change in my testimony because of this and it has definitely grown stronger. Remember how important testimony is and remember that giving it away to others is the best way to build it up.
I love you all and hope you have a great week. Don't get too cold in all the snow! Thanks for all the prayers and support!
Love, Elder Smith


Hi Mom! I am loving my mission and trying my hardest. Being positive is the only way to do anything.

I'm glad you got my letters. Did you like my Danish tips? Time has been flying. But it does go slow sometimes. I still feel like a brand new missionary. Especially since only 5 elders have come to the mission since I have been here so I am one of the youngest.
I like your laughing goal. I think everyone needs a few more laughs. You just have to pretend everything is funny and maybe it will become funny.
That is a good quote. There are so many great examples that came before us. I'm glad to be able to follow their footsteps.
What have you been busy with besides photo sessions? I think it's crazy that Lindsey is getting married already. I bet most of the girls will be when I get home. And I will be bald.
I didn't see the article in the New Era because we get the Liahona but I will look the article up online. Morning prayers are hard. I don't remember a single thing I say in them. I try to remember and pray at another time like after breakfast or while I'm in the shower. I feel like I get more from it rather than trying to form sentences right after I wake up.
You're going swimming? That's crazy! You will probably be faster than me when I get home. I'm a fatty. But anyways I wish you luck. I don't think anyone will think you are dumb. Everyone looks ridiculous when they swim.
That is pretty confident. You and your friends are pretty weird. You always dress up funny and stuff. I guess you can take the comment as a compliment on your confidence, but less on looking normal. That's okay though. You don't have to look normal. :)
Well our tripanionship ended today. It was definitely fun. I have had lots of good companions.
I know it is hard to be a member missionary. I hope I can remember how important it is when I am home.
I love my mom with all my heart. Have a good week!
Love, Elder Smith



Hej Far,
I am doing good. It has been a good week and we have done a lot. You have done so much driving over the past while. I don't know how you have found time for that and running and classes and your calling. You have been busy. Are there any really pretty parts on those drives? I bet your truck is getting a lot of miles. How snowy is it there right now? You should send more pictures. Hope you've had a good time on your trip. I can't believe you've been with the company for 6 years. That's a long time. I'm glad you get to pay for another month I can be here. It's worth it I promise. :) There are going to be a lot of people coming home soon. That's crazy. That is crazy that Bailey is leaving. I will try to do more with members over this next transfer. It is hard because they are really spread out over our area and we don't have a car, but I really want to do more with them. Thanks for being such a great dad. I hope you are happy. Thanks for everything you do for me. I love you.

Love, Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment