Monday, January 16, 2017

Trio

Hey everyone! It's been a good week!
On Tuesday one of the missionaries in Aalborg left for home so his companion joined us. Now Elder Fairbanks is in a "tripanionship" with Elder Olson and I. It has been a blast!
We have been really busy this week but I don't have any super exciting stories. We have met with a few of our new investigators and it seemed to go well with a few of them. 
We have been with members a couple nights this week and the members here are just great!
Sorry I don't have anything too good or any pictures this week but I will share something from church. 
Yesterday church was really great. President O'Bryant and his wife came to our ward on Sunday and spoke in sacrament meeting and their talks were great. We had a great lesson about Jesus Christ in Sunday school that I really enjoyed. My favorite part of church was Priesthood. One of the members taught an awesome lesson about member missionary work. As a missionary I can tell you all that missionary work is nearly impossible without the help of the members. We need the help of the members. We can knock all day every day and we can even find people, but the chances of them receiving the gospel are much lower than if we receive a referral from a member or have a member with us to teach. I would invite you all to do two things. Start thinking of someone who could be interested in hearing about what you believe in. It could be a good friend who respects you and what you love. The second thing is to get to know the missionaries serving near you. They have a lot of members to work with and it might be hard for them to search you out but take a few minutes or a night to get to know them and tell them about that person you have been thinking of. I promise you that your testimony of missionary work will be strengthened and that if you really do these things that miracles will follow. 
I love you all and hope you have an awesome week. Thanks for being you!
Elder Smith


Hi Mom!
Sorry I made you sad. I forgot to tell you all the week before that I had the language test. 
I've never been to Rodizio grill. Flammen is kind of like Tucanos but they don't bring the meat to you. It was pretty expensive but I just bought cheaper food that week.
It's fine biking through crazy weather that's just how it is. Sometimes we just laugh because of how ridiculous it is.
I will let you know how the language test went when I find out. It wasn't scary. It was really easy. It would say something like "Mark is 5 years old". "How old is Mark?" so it wasn't too bad. I am very glad I made it on time.
I've been eating pretty healthy but I eat a lot. That's what gets me the most. We haven't been running a lot because it is so cold, but I have been doing exercise. 
I'm glad you liked the candy. I sent you a letter last week and after I sent it I realized I forgot to shove something in there like I always do. I'm sorry! But it's okay because a letter is on the way. I think I ate like 15 of those chocolate bars over Christmas time.
I do lots of different things in my studies. I like reading talks and scriptures and sometimes I just pick a word or topic and find out all I can about it. It's different every time. We do an hour of personal and an hour of companionship study every day, but President said the schedule will be changing soon so we will find out what it is. I get up at 6:30 in the morning. about 30 minutes of exercise in the morning. We usually eat lunch at home and just tough it out to dinner. It's not so bad. Different food every time. Burritos, pasta, sandwiches. We usually just cook separate meals. It's different with every companion. Elder Lee and I did meals together all the time, Elder Weese and I Did sometimes, but Elder Olson and I never do we just eat different stuff.
Sounds like you are excited for camp. 
I love you tons and tons and tons and tons and tons.
Have a good week!
Love Elder Smith

To Dad:

I should hear about how I did in a few weeks. It was really easy so I'm not super worried. I am really glad I made it on time. 
Eew. Snow isn't that fun. Sometimes I wish it was snowing instead of raining though. I hope our house doesn't cave in before I come home that would be sad.
Just have a fun time on your trip. I think traveling is fun. I like going to different places.
JustServe sounds pretty cool. I haven't heard of it before though. We hardly ever have service opportunities outside of members.
What kind of things do you do to stay positive or to keep high expectations? Sometimes it is hard to have high expectations when I have a low success rate.
Thanks for being awesome. You're the best dad ever. I love you. 
Love, Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment