Monday, January 8, 2018

Back to the Usual


Hi everyone! Happy Monday! Everything has pretty much moved back to normal, but we still had a pretty busy week.

We had our zone training on Wedenday and that went well. Everyone was faithful in setting goals and I think everyone learned a lot from the training. We also talked about our zone focus of getting dedicated finding time in every day and I think that came across well. It has motivated us a lot in our area and we had a great week as a zone. 

Elder Saviano and I have been busy, but we had a good week as well. We had splits with Sønderborg on Thursday and I was with Elder Jamison. He is doing great as a zone leader and works hard. He is confident and cares about the work. It was good to be around him and Elder Crop. They are doing great work.

I really enjoy the area and I enjoy the missionaries here. Elder Saviano and I get along great and we have high expectations for the next while. Both for ourselves and the area. 

It was really sad hearing about Thomas S. Monson. I know he was a prophet of God and that he was an amazing man. He has always been one of my favorite speakers in conference because of his poetic way of speaking, his fun stories, and his happy smile. He surely was a powerful prophet in reminding us of the simple truths and always guiding us through the challenges of today. Again, I know the things he taught us are true and that he really was a prophet of God. The happy thing is God has promised that we will have a prophet to guide us until Christ comes again, so we can continue to recieve his word and his guidance.

I love you all and hope you have a great week. Work hard and keep it up with those new years resolutions!

Love, Elder Smith


Hey Mom! 
It has been a good week for the most part. I found out that I got a speeding ticket while we were on splits on Thursday. I got a call from the senior missionary in the office who is from Denmark and he says in Danish, you were a little too busy on the 22nd of November in Slagelse. I was just super confused, because that was like a month and a half ago, and then after being annoying and indirect he switches to english and says "you were driving too fast in slagelse you had your picture taken and it was an expensive picture. It will cost you 1500 crowns." So that kind of ruined the day. I keep costing you guys so much money and its for pointless annoying things like tickets and pants. I hope I can help out a lot when I am home over the summer so I can try to pay you back. I'm really sorry. Anyway, I think that was the only bad thing that happened this week. On the brightside, I did find pants!

It is really fun having 3 other elders haha. It is just a little building with three apartments stacked on top of eachother. Of course there are a lot of other buildings right next to it. It is old like most places in Denmark, but not crazy old.

The healthy eating is going okay. I have been doing better at staying away from sugar and doing a little bit of exersize. Ragnar sounds like fun. I am 100% sure I couldn't do a ragnar right now which is sad. 

I'm glad you were able to say some things about Thomas S. Monson. There were some good testimonies of him here. Hopefully that makes you feel better that there are even people here on the other side of the world that love him too. :) I read the article. It's really good. It is sad that he was losing his memory and how it was so important to him and so much of what made him him.

Get back to me as soon as you can about the USU thing, because I think the deadline is the 10th. I tried to look at it but it wouldn't let me log in. I changed the password to Tysmith112797 but it still wouldn't let me log in. I'm not sure where to find the grades and ACT scores. 

I love you lots and lots and lots. Thanks for being my mom. I hope you have a wonderful week!

Love, Elder Smith


To Dad:

I feel the same way about getting back into regular life. Everything seems to be going back to the normal missionary life as well. I'm glad you had a good trip and good holdays.

Good job running. We ran once and did some stairs another time. Hopefully that will keep going well.

Work hard on your classes! I hope you will enjoy them. Which classes are you taking?

We had some snow the other day and it has actually stayed for a couple days! It is less than an inch, but it is staying.

Things are going well for me. I have been adjusting to the new area pretty quick. There isn't much going on as far as investigators and stuff goes. So it's more like a lot of work we have to do. Not too many investigators for me to meet. That is cool we have ancestors from here. I didn't know that. I like the ward here so far. They seem to like the missionaries a lot and willing to help. We haven't biked a lot yet, because there were some bike problems, but we got them fixed and should be biking more here. We also use the trains and busses a lot in this area. There are 24 missionaries in the zone and I have been around quite a few of them as well so I am excited to work with them again.

Thanks for everything you do. Here is a question. What do you do if you have a hard time achieving your own personal goals. Sometimes I feel like it is really hard and I try adjusting and readjusting, more goals and less goals, but I seem to fall short too much.
Thanks for being my dad. Have a good week and work hard. I love you! 

Love, Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment