Monday, January 15, 2018

It is January

Hey everyone! I hope you are all doing well! These past few days have been freezing so we've had to bundle up quite a bit.

It was a good week because we actually got quite a bit of time to find. We found a new investigator named Thomas who is very open and excited to meet. When we first met him and asked about his beliefs he said "I'm not sure exactly what I believe in, but when I look and see how perfectly organized the world is I know that there must be something." 

We had splits with Elders Hosac and Ellis this week and that went well. I was with Elder Ellis and it was good getting to know him. He is a very upbeat and happy person and we had a lot of fun while working together.

We also had splits with the assistants this week and that went really well. I was with Elder Jensen and I learned a lot. We have served around eachother quite a bit and he is a great example and friend.

Elder Saviano and I have been having a blast. It will be a busy week because we are traveling ot the different districts to give a training and I have a meeting in Copenhagen so it should be fun, but things are all going well.

One of the members gave a talk yesterday about enduring to the end and it was really good. He talked about members who once had strong testimonies but have lost them and how we can be sure not to do that. He talked about many examples in the scriptures of people who converted to the Lord's way and never looked back. And that is what enduring to the end is. We may make mistakes along the way and we are by no means perfect, but we should never look back and fall back to what we were before we came better. That doesn't mean we will forget everything that has ever happened, but that we don't look back wishing we still had that life. We need to look forward with faith that the Lord has much more in store for us. It was a great talk.

Well I love you all and hope you are staying warm this winter. Have a good week!

Love, Elder Smith


Hey Mom!
It has been a pretty good week!

I hope dad gets better soon haha. I sure hope he doesn't die.

I don't think I will get anymore tickets since I'm not in a car area anymore. It must have been good revelation transfering me out of there before I got the ticket haha.

I hate thinking about paying for school, but I'm just going to have to work really hard over the summer. 

That lesson sounds good. I love that talk. 

Your story of McKoy flats reminds me of a time I got lost there. Cooper and I were mountain biking and we finished our trail. Then we decided to go for a drive to a cool little bend in the green river. From the map on my phone it looked alot closer to drive through mckoy flats to get there instead of going all the way out to the naples side of town to get there. We started driving and pretty quickly the trails got a bit more bumpy and narrow and were more of a four wheeler trail than a road. I was more worried about going back the way we came than continuing but eventually we had to make the decision to go back. Cooper suggested that we say a prayer so we did and we started going back the direction we came and it seemed a lot smoother going out than coming in and we didn't get lost. So there is an irresponsible boy story for you. :)

Thanks for the advice on the goals. The most frustrating thing for me is when I go backwards. I think my desires are alway improving, but my performance seems to get left way behind and many times the things I was once really good at are going down the drain. I understand though. It takes time and a little improvement at a time.

Things are going good with Elder Saviano. We have a great companionship. The other two are great as well. It is a blast in the four man. We just found a new investigator this week, which is good. Things have been slow. When I got here we had two investigators, bu tI haven't met either of them yet so we will see. We are working hard finding new people, because we need them.

I love you lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots. Have a super duper fantastisk week!

Love, Ældste Smith



Hey Dad. I'm so sorry you are sick. That is not fun. I sure hope you survive. Thanks for answering my question even though you are sick. Thanks for the advice.
I had a little memory this last week and I don't know why, but it was one of those things where at the time you thought nothing of it but a while later it has a lot more meaning.
It was a little experience I had the winter before I left. I came home late or something and you weren't happy. I don't remember the reason why. You took the keys to the truck and my phone. I was upset, you were upset, it wasn't a good night. I went to sleep and thought about what I should do. Anger just fuels anger and that's what happened. I decided I was going to take my stuff and just drive away to I don't know where. I woke up pretty early in the morning 4 or 4:30 and snuck into your room and took the keys. Most of the anger was gone by then so I just put shoes on and walked out to the truck and got in and drove. I drove up to a place I knew would make me feel better and I knew exactly how to get there. I drove up to windy park and luckily there wasn't enough snow to block the roads or prevent me from getting there. I parked the truck close to where the flagpoles are and where everyone gathers in the morning. I got out of the truck and stood there for a bit. Looking up at all the stars and the snowy meadow. After just a minute I felt peace. 100% pure peace. I didn't really think about it then, but now I know why I was comforted and who brought me that peace. I drove back home and went back to bed and I'm sure we were both a little upset, but I know it helped a lot. 
I love you lots and lots. Thanks for everything you do for me. Have a good week and get better fast!
Love, Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment