Monday, January 22, 2018

MyPlan Meeting


It has been a good busy week here for us. We had trainings in the districts on Wednesday and Friday with my myplan meeting right in the middle. 

The trainings went well. We talked about investigators in sacrament meeting and how we get them there. We decided to have a focus on not just practicle things, but how we can help our investigators gain the desire to come to church. It is important that they feel a need or a desire to come to church before we keep pushing them there. We feel like the trainings went well.

So the myplan meeting is a meeting missionaries have towards the end of their mission where they set goals and take a minute to think about the future. I had a hard time with one part, talking about what I want things to be like 20 years in the future. I am one of the worst when it comes to making those decisions. I can think about what sounds nice, but I get pretty stressed trying to think realisticly about what will be best for my family and whatnot.

There won't be much time to think about that through the week though because Elder Saviano and I have set some lofty goals for the week. We had a great companionship study about diligence this week and did a lot of discussing and thinking of how we can do better. We are going to have a big week. We set a goal of 14 new investigators. We talked about it for a while and decided it was doable. We will have a few people on splits this coming week and we have time to make this happen. We know the Lord will bless us if we are truly diligent.

We had splits with Svendborg this week and that went well. Elder Christensen is a great missionary and I was very impressed with his ability to teach with the spirit and show his love to those around him. He is awesome. Svendborg is a beautiful city and it was cool to go there.

Well that's all for this week. Hopefully we will have a great miracle to tell you about next week and a lot of new people to work with. The area needs it.

A really cool part of the meeting this week was when Sister O'Bryant talked about Christ and his ministry. She had us make a list of everything we could think of that Christ did during his ministry, then she had us check the things that were accomplished within the last part of his life and ministry. Everything on the list fell under that catergory. So the point is that the things we do don't stop a month or two before the end of the mission or two weeks or even the last few days but that we are fulfilling the Lords work until the end and even after that. It was a cool activity.

Well I love you all and hope you have a great week!

Love, Ældste Smith


To Mom:

Wow! Sounds like you had a great week!

I forgot to say happy birthday in my email to Aubrey last week so now she probably hates me... That sounds scary driving home in the snow. I'm glad you made it home alright. That does not sound fun all the warnings and stuff going off. Hopefully nothing has gone too wrong.

I'm glad dad was okay. I guess that can be a trial that made him stronger.

That sounds like a cool lesson. It is one hundred percent true too. I have never had the spirit in a lesson where either us or the investigator was arguing or angry. Nothing gets accross because the Lord is not able to teach either one. 

Haha we actually had some snow last night and it is still snowing. It usually doesn't stay to long and we get more rain than snow, but the tempurature goes up and down a lot. We finally got the bikes fixed then went to ride somewhere and something went wrong on Elder Saviano's bike. So that failed. We will try again soon. I have stayed warm enough. Most everything has been fine for me over the mission besides shoes and pants. Keep that in mind with Cooper.

I don't know if I will get to train. As of now it doesn't look like it, but we will see. It makes me a little sad, but I guess that just isn't where the Lord needed me. 

I love you lots. I'm glad you are happy and grateful for all of your blessings. I hope you have a good week with lots of fun times. 

Love Elder Smith



No comments:

Post a Comment